Wilgewandel Holiday Farm
Wilgewandel Holiday Farm promises great family fun with activities to suit all ages. We are situated 25km from Oudtshoorn on the R328. (2 km from the world famous Cango Caves).
This place of excitement will offer you and your family appealing and aesthetically beautiful surroundings which will satisfy your relaxation needs, promising peace and tranquillity for everyone. Come and enjoy the sunshine, good weather, and natural beauty of the Klein Karoo, whilst experiencing the epitome of South African family hospitality.
We have a well appointed, fully licensed family restaurant where you can enjoy home cooked meals at affordable prices. (See below for our menu).
Come and enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner, or just pop in for coffee and a snack. We serve freshly baked homemade scones with strawberry jam and cream, and a selection of salads, sandwiches, cakes and tarts.
Our traditional South African cuisines are a winner! We also have an a-la-carte menu with ostrich steaks and home cooked meals.
On special occasions like birthdays, Mother’s day, Father’s day and Christmas we prepare special, good value meals. Please contact us for more information.
Our menus are available in four different languages: Afrikaans, English, French and German.
We cater for school groups, children parties and other functions. Vegetarian and Halaal meals can be provided on request.
Special rates and menus are available for pensioners and school groups of 20 people and more.
Special packages for school groups of 20 children and more are available.
• Camel rides: We have seven very friendly and well-trained dromedary camels that can’t wait to offer you a ride. Their names are: Joshua, Moses, Vossie, Abraham, Nelson, Thabo and Josef.
• 18 hole Ghwarra-Ghwarra Golf: Fun and entertaining putt-putt for young and old alike.
• Donkey cart rides: This traditional way of transportation is a lot of fun.
• Foefie slide: 100 metres long and 6 metres high across our farm dam (zipline).
• Farm atmosphere: We pride ourselves on creating a healthy farm atmosphere where you can relax and enjoy the fresh air.
• Animals to feed: In true farm style we have a variety of farm animals to feed. These include rabbits, a pig, billy goats, donkey, ostriches and sheep. (Touch farm).
• Bumper boats: This is a very nice and safe activity to do with your kids. Or have a drink on the veranda while you watch them have a go at each other.
• Curios and gifts to buy: Our curio shop has a large variety of local wines, homemade goodies, gifts and curios. Cold drinks, ice-cream, sweets, biltong, and lots of special gifts are available.
• Hiking trails: For the more energetic we’ve got a 30-60 minute hiking trail.
• Mountain bike trails: About 5 km long; bring your own bike.
• Quad Buggies
• Fun obstacle / teambuilding course
Tel: +27 (0)71 387 6529
Cell: +27 (0)79 026 8746
En route to Cango Caves, Oudtshoorn, Western Cape, South Africa, 6620