Asher Stable Stay
Asher Stable Stay is situated on a farm, previously known for its much-loved horses, at the foot end of the Swartberg mountains, only 5.5km outside a small-town village De Rust, and 10km from Meiringspoort, the gateway that connects the Little Karoo and the Great Karoo.
We, at Asher Stable Stay, look forward to welcoming you! Enjoy the chance to relax stress-free in the Little Karoo. Our accommodation offers 6 comfortable stable rooms with the necessities. We choose to take in the scenery and beauty of the nature around us and therefore, have no day to day technology, escaping the hassle and bustle of day to day traffic.
In room Facilities
(6 ROOMS) 3 Double and 3 Twin Rooms with En-Suite Bathroom with shower basin and toilet.
- Bathroom amenities includes – Body shower gel / Conditioning Shampoo / Hand wash / Hand and Body Moisturizer / Room Freshener / Shower Cap / Medi Kit / Vanity Kit
- Coffee/Tea and making facilities with home baked rusks
- Bar Fridge
- Room Fans
- Patio with table and chairs
- Smoke free rooms
Facilities on Site
- Communal Kitchen – with microwave, gas stove, and all cooking utensils
- BBQ area with casual outdoor seating to soak up the African sun
- Wi-Fi available
- Laundry Service is Available on request at an additional nominal fee
- Hiking / Walking / Jogging / Bird Watching
- You can bring your mountain bikes along for trails up the mountain
The quaint Victorian village of De Rust is a unique place for an overnight stop and route to one of many destinations. Nestled between the Swartberg and Kammanassie Mountains, the village is the gateway to the Great- and Klein Karoo. Activities include hiking, cycling, bird watching and freshwater fishing in the Stomdrift Dam. We are next to the triple gold award winning De Rustica Olive Estate, 23km from Rust and Vrede Waterfall, which is hidden among the bracken-clad heights; therefore, a walk over bridges is required along the mountain trail, 36km from the world renowned Cango Caves and 57km to the top of the Swartberg Pass and 86km from our closest Airport in George.